Sunday, April 25, 2010

Voice 2010 (June 2nd thru the 5th in L.A.)

VOICE 2010, an international conference for voice-over professionals, is fast approaching. The red-carpet rolls out on Wednesday, June 2nd at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel. Classes begin the next day. It doesn’t matter if your niche is voicing
 commercials, promos, cartoons or corporate-videos; there is something for everyone at this event.

I’m going there to learn from the masters, and hopefully make some new friends. Already on my ‘to do’ list:

  • Pat Fraley’s class on comedy 
  • Kristine Oller’s presentation on organizing your time for maximum career results 
  • Nancy Wolfson’s tutorial is called ‘The Best Booking Secret F*$#king Ever!’ A provocative teaser by one of the best known coaches I’ve encountered in my research on the web. Nancy has a stellar reputation. I look forward to learning why firsthand.
  • MJ Lallo’s class on ‘Kick Ass Characters.’ MJ is a respected coach who co-wrote the book ‘Voice-Over for Animation’; a helpful guide that should be a text-book for any class on the subject.
  • Joe Cipriano’s Promo Panel. I imagine we’ll be able to finally put a face with some very familiar voices. Deep voices. Voices that make you want to listen to Today’s Hit Music! Watch an all-new Two-and-a-Half Men! Test drive the all-new Audi! And not miss out! Not my niche, but I’m a radio guy and I wouldn’t miss this for the world.
There are many other classes and speakers that I’d like to see (or see again), including Bob Bergen and Deb Munro, but workshops overlap and I’ve focused my attention to the above list. You can find a full schedule of events here and customize your own itinerary. I hope to see you there! (seriously—say hi if you recognize my mug)

Best,

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment